If you are reading this, the fact is that you heard about great dukan diet results and you are seeking for more information about the dukan diet plan. You probably also noticed that there is an abundance of information out there on the net; mostly positive, some negative, some even contradictory. You are probably also wondering if you should buy the Dukan Diet Book or just collect information from the flood of websites writing about the dukan diet plan.
I’ve been writing about my dukan diet experience for some time and with this review of the Dukan Diet Book I’m hoping to help you decide if the Dukan Diet book is right for you.
I guess the most important question is “Does the Dukan Diet Plan works?” – YES IT DOES!
I lost 7kg and I have almost reached my desired weight goal. During my dukan diet plan I went through the Christmas season, I twisted my ankle so I was unable to exercise and still I managed to get great dukan diet results. Recently I came back from 3 month long holidays and I only added 2 kilos, all of which I’ve already lost again with the help of the dukan diet plan. I must note here that when I left for holidays I was yet to finish my Cruise Phase. Now, I’m back on track, committed to lose another 3 kg and to stability my weight for good.
If you are not completely familiar with the dukan diet, you can read all about it in My Dukan Diet Experience category. Here, I would like to show you why I think you need the Dukan Diet book if you are serious about losing weight with the dukan diet plan.
What I like about the Dukan Diet book:
- The Dukan Diet book helped me to follow the dukan diet plan accurately. I had lots of information from the Internet but I followed my friend’s advice, bought the book and I realised that some websites don’t give you complete information or that some of the information is not accurate. Having read the book, I avoided many mistakes.
- The Dukan Diet book is well-written and easy to understand. Even parts with medical explanations are interesting and suitable to all readers.
- Knowing how Dr Dukan established this diet and the reasoning behind it, made me understand how our bodies work and why we need to follow certain rules to achieve great weight loss results. And once you understand something, it is easier to obey the rules and stick to the diet.
- The Dukan Diet book explains in details each step of the diet, what to eat, what to expect and how your body will react through the different phases of the diet.
- It also looks into potential causes for stagnation and how to overcome them.
- It explains what happens when body losses fat reserves, the effect of yo-yo dieting and why so many people gain even more weight after they lost it.
- It has a specific section on major obesity.
- The dukan diet plan is suitable for both genders but it also takes a special note of all periods of female life, from childhood to menopause, which can be extra difficult for weight loss.
- The Dukan Diet Book is full of useful everyday tips to help you increase weight loss and maintain body weight once you achieved your true weight.
- There is a section with recipes and even one example week of menus for the Attack Phase and one for the Cruise Phase of the dukan diet plan. My favorite is section with sauces and deserts. Make full use of them and it will really enrich your diet.
What I don’t like about the Dukan Diet book
It’s hard to dislike something about the book that really helped me quickly lose weight but few things could be improved:
- It would be great to see few photos and colors, especially for recipes but I guess the non-fancy format helps to keep the price very affordable.
- Some recipes don’t make sense. Use your cooking skills, explore with tastes or search the net for better dukan diet recipes.
- Some text seems a bit repetitive but I think that Dr Dukan is really trying to imprint important messages in our head for years to come, so we forgive him.
- While reading the 351 pages about a diet seems a bit daunting at the start, the reading is interesting and captivating. I would suggest you first read the first 86 pages before you start the dukan diet, as it will give you a great psychological kick start and understanding about what you are about to go through. Continue with the rest of the book as you go through the cruise phase and by topics that interest you. I can guarantee that you will refer to the Dukan Diet book more often than you think. It’s a fantastic resource.
Personally, I’m confident that the Dukan Diet Book is the last dieting book I’ll ever need to read. I’m fully aware that nothing is forever and while you can have a great success with dukan diet plan, unless you are ready to change your eating habits and live healthy, you will gain your weight back if you return to eating junk and not exercising. If you are not committed to change, no book will ever change you. It all starts in your head and with your commitment. If you are ready, take this opportunity, grab this great, easy to follow tool and make it happen.