We all want Gisele Bundchen’s long sexy toned thighs. With this few simple thigh slimming exercises you can have them too. All you need is a towel or a mat, a few ‘home’ tools and you are ready.
1 – Squeeze me
This exercise focuses on your inner thigh muscles.
1. Lie on the back on a towel or mat on the floor with arms by your side, palms facing down.
2. Bend your knees and put a cushion between them.
3. Upper body and arms stay relaxed on the floor.
4. Now squeeze the cushion as hard as you can by pressing your knees together.
5. Hold the squeeze and count to 10 seconds, then slowly release and repeat for one minute.
Tip: Work you abs at the same time by drawing you belly button into your spine as you squeeze.
2 – Spell your name
The main focus of this exercise is toning thighs, but it will also make your abs work at the same time.
1. Remain in the same position as in first exercise but with legs straight.
2. Raise your right leg, keeping it straight and pointing the toes as if reaching towards the ceiling.
3. Rotate your leg slightly outward, inhale, trace the first letter of your name in the ceiling with your toes.
4. Move the whole leg but keep your hips still by puling your belly button in thigh to the spine.
5. Do not lift the left hip off the floor.
6. Continue to draw each letter of your name.
7. Do this for 30 seconds and then repeat with your left leg.
Tip: Keep the movement slow and controlled.
3 – Luscious thighs
This exercise will tone you inner as well as outer thighs. On top of that it will increase your hip flexibility and abs, as you will need to use them for balance and control.
1. Remain in the same starting position as during the first 2 exercises. Your arms are out to the sides.
2. Extend your legs straight up with your feet flexed.
3. Engage your abdominal muscles and simultaneously lower your legs slowly, onto each side.
4. Hold for few seconds and then slowly draw them back to the center.
5. Repeat for 1 minute.
Tip: Keep your stomach muscles thigh throughout the exercise.
4 – Thigh High
This is the exercise that will help you slip into your shorts with confidence. It deeply tones your inner thigh muscles, sculpting your legs and giving them great definition.
1. Lying on the side with body in a straight line, bring your thighs up slightly in front of you, with your knees bent.
2. Support your head with your bottom arm and have your top arm bent with hand on the hip for balance.
3. Keeping your heels together, slowly turn your top leg out slightly so you’re rotating your hip.
5. Do this for 30 seconds on each side.
Tip: Do it slow and imagine you have to lift the leg up against resistance. This will increase the intensity and make you thighs work harder.
5 – Catwalk legs
This exercise can be performed with or without a chair and it definitely guarantees long, lean thighs. Using the chair encourages you to work through a bigger range of movement. So use it whenever you can.
1. Place a chair at the bottom of your mat or towel.
2. Lie on the side with bottom arm supporting your head and top arm on you hip for balance.
3. Lift your top leg and place your foot on the chair.
4. Very slowly, lift the lower leg to touch the underneath of the chair.
5. Hold for few seconds, then lower several centimeters, but don’t touch the floor, then lift it straight back.
6. Continue for 30 seconds then switch legs and repeat.
Tip: Don’t touch the floor when lowering you leg. Your muscles should be engaged at all times. Engage also your stomach muscles for balance, support and bonus abs toning.
6 – Prima Ballerina
This exercise improves posture and tones thighs, butt and abs. The rotation improves hip mobility and tones hip area, while the circular motion firms and lifts butt.
1. Using the back of the chair from previous exercise for balance, stand tall with good posture.
2. Place your weight on your left leg and extend your right leg in front of you.
3. Squeeze in your right buttock and slowly sweep your right leg to the side, keeping the abs pulled in.
4. Maintaining the squeeze, now circle the leg behind you.
5. Breathing evenly throughout and perform this exercise for 30 seconds with either leg.
Tip: Create big circles with leg as this will really tone and lift your butt. Keep abs tucked in at all time and you’ll make your abs work as well.
6 – Ballet inspired squat
This is a great thigh slimming exercise, which also works on your butt, hips and abs.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider then shoulder-width apart, toes pointing out, back straight and hands on your hips.
2. Slowly bend your knees and lower yourself into a squat.
3. Make sure you keep your upper body straight.
4. Go as low as you can, but don’t let your knees go over your toes.
5. Hold for few seconds, and then come back up to the start position.
6. Repeat for one minute.
Tip: Squeeze your butt in thigh on the way back to perk up your bums.
You can perform these exercises in a form of a circuit. Once you complete all of them, have a minute break and start again. Or if you are in a gym, do a 25 minute cardio workout (treadmill, stepper or cross-trainer) followed by thigh slimming routine. If you have energy left, repeat the routine for faster results.
Whichever way you decide to use this thigh slimming routine, one thing is sure - if you stick to it, I guarantee that your thighs (and butt) will slim and tone in no time.