There is no such thing as butt workout session only. When doing butt exercises, use the opportunity to engage other muscles groups; such as thighs, back and abs muscles. Not only you will achieve better toning results for your butt, you will also tone other parts of your body.
Before starting any workout you must always warm up. It prevents injuries and improves range of movement trough your body, making your workout more effective. Warm up should also include stretching. At home, skip a rope for 2 minutes, walk up and down few flight of stairs or dance. Anything that lifts your heart rate and temperature will do.
1 – Butt Lift
This exercise works on toning and lifting your buttocks as a result giving you vivacious bum. It also works on the back of your upper thighs.
- Knell on all fours on your mat, with your forearms and palms flat on the floor.
- Your back should be straight and slightly below horizontal.
- Lift your left knee of the floor and raise your heel to the ceiling.
- Then lower the knee and cross it behind your right leg, before returning to start.
- Continue with same leg for 30 seconds, and then switch to the right for further 30 seconds.
Tip: Pull your belly button up to the spine throughout to support your back and work on your abs at the same time.
2- “Bootylicious” bridge
This simple and old exercise will turn your butt to bootylicious. Not only it tightens your bums but it also speeds up metabolism and you’ll be burning off extra calories throughout the day.
- Lying face up with your arms at your side, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your hips towards the ceiling, squeezing your bum muscles thigh.
- Hold this position for few seconds then lower yourself back down.
- Repeat this for a minute.
Tip: To spice things up, you can do lift your hips up 20 times without holding the position at the top. Make sure you go as high in hips as you can and squeeze your butt really strong when at the top. On the 20th rise hold the positions for 20 seconds. Repeat this 2 times or more if you can.
3 – Butt squeeze
You will definitely feel how this fabulous exercise works straight away.
- Lying face down on the floor, rest your head on your hands.
- Bend your knees and place your heels together.
- Slowly separate your knees until they are several centimeters apart and make sure your heels are still together.
- Keep your upper body firmly on the floor.
- Now aim to lift your thighs several centimeters off the floor by squeezing tightly into your buttocks.
- Hold this position for couple of seconds then slowly lower.
- Repeat for one minute.
Tip: The longer you can hold the squeeze the better results.
I hope you like this simple butt exercises. Please leave your comment and stay tuned for more.